Book Release August 15, 2020
In eynem: The New Yiddish Textbook will be available for shipping August 15, 2020 and you may pre-order today.
Written by Asya Vaisman Schulman and Jordan Brown with Mikhl Yashinsky, In eynem is the first fully-illustrated, multimedia Yiddish textbook that uses the communicative approach to language learning. With this book, students use language as a practical tool for conversing with their classmates about their daily lives and as a vehicle through which they creatively delve into texts for cultural and artistic insights.
- fully supports different types of learners (visual, auditory, kinesthetic) and multiple learning environments: in-class learning with a teacher, independent learning, online learning, and community group learning
- incorporates a wide variety of multimedia resources (available through the textbook website), primary source historical documents, and literary texts
- emphasizes all four areas of language learning: speaking, writing, reading, and listening
- includes a cast of recurring characters that represent all the different types of people who speak and study Yiddish today
- includes a teacher guide that provides detailed lesson plans to optimize the use of the book in a classroom setting, as well as functioning as a teacher training tool both for new teachers and as enrichment for experienced teachers
Here is what Yiddish language instructors are saying about the book:
- In eynem is nothing less than a revolution in Yiddish language pedagogy. Its engaging, interactive approach fosters a community of learning that bridges time as well as space, whether in a university classroom, community setting, or individual study… Beautifully illustrated throughout and complemented by rich online resources, In eynem is a twenty-first-century Yiddishland for teachers and learners alike.—Rebecca Margolis, Monash University
You can find FAQ about the book here: yiddishbookcenter.org/eynem-faq
Paperback book 2020
Two volumes, 800 pages
Size: 9 3/4 X 12 3/4 X 2 1/8" in shipping box
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.